To manage a concussion effectively, communication is required between athletes, parents, athletic trainers, coaches, school nurses, school administrators, teachers and doctors. C3 Logix is the only platform that brings data collection and insight together in one location.
WHAT IS C3 LOGIX?
C3 Logix is an iPad-based concussion assessment which provides baseline data that can be used for future comparison.
- Several domains are measured to help with return to play decision-making.
- Specific areas of impairment are identified for more timely referral to specialists for intervention.
WHAT DOES C3 LOGIX MEASURE?
- Postural stability, working memory, set switching, reaction time, learning, static and dynamic visual acuity are all assessed and recorded in a test over test comparison.
How Does Rock Valley Handle Concussions? When a concussion is suspected:
- Remove athlete immediately from participation and check for symptoms of a concussion.
- Athlete is evaluated by a physician or athletic trainer.
- Athlete will be post tested on C3 Logix within 24 hours of injury, after 3 days, 7 days and if necessary 10 days post injury.
- Once the athlete is symptom free, communicate with health care provider and begin return to play process.
- The athlete must be cleared by their physician or athletic trainer before returning to full practice.
- If at 7 days post injury the athlete’s test is not showing adequate progress, a follow up with the physician will occur with possible referral for vestibular rehab.