What is pelvic health physical therapy?
Today, physical therapists focus on understanding the problems and impairments of an individual’s needs. Pelvic health therapists have enhanced their education to specialize in the pelvis, comprehending how all the pieces work as an intricate whole. Struggling individuals often feel misunderstood in the complexity of their problems. Our therapists work hard to build a trusting relationship and truly comprehend your needs. Often, “what is common, is not normal,” and we help to recognize these impairments. We get to the bottom of the issue, providing opportunities for a solution, a plan, and ultimate recovery.
Who Can Benefit?
Pelvic health physical therapy will benefit women, men, transgender, and elderly populations. We are engaged by choice to provide excellent care with a holistic approach. We educate our patients on taking care of and paying attention to the body as a whole, understanding the complexity of every diverse patient. We focus on understanding the problem via thorough evaluation and performing appropriate treatment for each individual until healing is achieved.
Conditions Treated by our Specialists:
- Genital, rectal, and groin pain
- Urinary leakage/urgency/frequency
- Pre-natal pain or weaknesses
- Blocked milk duct during lactation
- Post-partum return to run
- Bowel leakage/urgency/frequency
- Pubic symphysis pain
- Coccydynia (tail bone pain)
- Transgender reconstructive post-op care
- Incomplete emptying of bladder or bowel